Old 12-17-2006, 02:11 AM   #1
bownasterm
Banned

Default Ok any idea why this one was a bad motive?

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject.php?id=316692

This next one i can understand for the bad cropping but could there be any hope? They also said the image was too dark, but i dont beleive it is dark at all!

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject.php?id=316695

and finally this one, for bad motive

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject.php?id=316710

some times i really think the screeners are just firing thier reject button on every photo because i have submmited alot so far and none have been accepted and generally for silly reasons
Old 12-17-2006, 02:15 AM   #2
Chris Kilroy
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Chris Kilroy

If you can't understand why those shots were rejected, I would highly recommend taking a second look at our Detailed Upload Guidelines.

The first photo is a poorly lit, poorly composed, poorly framed, and blurry shot of an old set of trucks. The second shot would have the most chance of acceptance, but the subject is poorly centered and you're shooting into a sky which is clearly blown out, causing the subject (the locomotive) to be underexposed. The third shot speaks for itself.. it looks like you walked up about 10 feet from a diamond and took a picture of it. Not sure why you think that one should be accepted, or why you think it would interest anyone.
- View My Photos at JetPhotos.Net!
Old 12-17-2006, 02:33 AM   #3
JRMDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bownasterm
some times i really think the screeners are just firing thier reject button on every photo because i have submmited alot so far and none have been accepted and generally for silly reasons
I presume you are getting frustrated at this point. I sort of recall you have posted before as well. Hang in there. Try to learn, try to figure out why the reasons are not silly.

Maybe try to do one basic wedgie and/or one basic roster shot next time out. Keep it simple for now, no unusual subjects or compositions, good light. Dont submit anything no matter what, just something that is your best one effort, or nothing if it turns out to be a bad day.

Oh, and spend some time looking at RP accepted pictures, and think about them, analyze what you see. Develop a sense of what a good photo looks like.

J

My commentaries on rail pictures are in my blog.

RP Photo Albums:
Cabooses
Engine Details
Farm and Train
Plumes!
Railroad Details
Signal Details
Switchstand Shots
Old 12-17-2006, 02:33 AM   #4
bownasterm
Banned

Because it is interesting, its not often that people ever see diamonds and you can see some of the yard in the background.

I dont see why the first image is ordinary i have seen "ordinary" pictures of trucks on this site before.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:37 AM   #5
Chris Kilroy
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Chris Kilroy

Wow... 4 reuploads of the same truck shot, and 8 appeals of the original image.

Congratulations on becoming an example of what happens to people who insist on wasting our time.
- View My Photos at JetPhotos.Net!
Closed Thread