Old 10-26-2007, 02:10 AM   #1
Chicago Railfan

Send a message via AIM to Chicago Railfan Send a message via Yahoo to Chicago Railfan
Default The Photo Queue.

Has anyone noticed that your picture will be picture 4, and their will be about 7 pictures, and then you log back in, and 9 pictures will be accepted, but then your picture will still be in the queue? I am monitoring the queue right now, and the picture counter is going down, but I am staying in the same place.
Chicago Railfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 02:26 AM   #2
Joe the Photog

Don't forget that people can delete their pictures out of the qeue. But also sometimes a screener will leave a picture where it is to let another screener or admin take a look at it. If one screener has left three or four pictures for an admin, that could explain why your shots are standing still.

Joe
Old 10-26-2007, 02:31 AM   #3
Walter S

Send a message via AIM to Walter S

Yeah, If I remeber correctly this happened to me awhile back. Joe's probably right.
Walter S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 02:35 AM   #4
sd9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Railfan
Has anyone noticed that your picture will be picture 4, and their will be about 7 pictures, and then you log back in, and 9 pictures will be accepted, but then your picture will still be in the queue? I am monitoring the queue right now, and the picture counter is going down, but I am staying in the same place.
I had one last night that stayed there for a while, I was like #6 and the queue would build up and then go down, and it still didn't clear, but after a while it finally cleared, I thought maybe it was a tough decision and they had to think a while on it...
sd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 12:46 PM   #5
JimThias

Quote:
The screener was trying to delay the inevitable.
JimThias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 01:17 AM   #6
Chicago Railfan

Send a message via AIM to Chicago Railfan Send a message via Yahoo to Chicago Railfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimThias
The screener was trying to delay the inevitable.
lol. You are right, rejected for bad contrast, and over processed...
Don't totally agree, but what do I care. actually...

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...d=437665&key=0
Chicago Railfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 05:06 AM   #7
J. E. Landrum
RailPictures.Net Crew

If I see a photo that is borderline, has an issue (trespassing, railroad rules violation by an employee ((we try to avoid posting pics of rules violations)), scan quality issues, etc.), or most likely forget to click Accept or Reject, the photo goes to the administrators queue. They then look and take care of it. When this happens, you get a blank e-mail and the photo remains in queue. When you screen dozens of photos, it is quite easy to miss the click on the Accept / Reject feature, so please be patient with our (my) ineptitude.

If a pic is perceived to be borderline, remember that sometimes it is best that the photo is reviewed on more than one screen. For example, sometimes as a screener I may think something is exposed improperly, but not certain, so I'll kick it to the administrators queue so they can look at it on their screen. I don't want to reject a photo unfairly. You took the time to share your photo with fellow rail enthusiasts and you deserve a second look if it is close in my opinion.

Thank you all for sharing and your patience. - Erik Landrum, RP screener
J. E. Landrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 05:11 AM   #8
bigbassloyd

Quote:
lol. You are right, rejected for bad contrast, and over processed...
Don't totally agree, but what do I care. actually...

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...d=437665&key=0

do you still have the "out of the camera" version of this shot?

Loyd L.

My personal photography site
bigbassloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 05:20 AM   #9
Ween

I can't say I remember seeing the Overprocessed rejection before, but, man, you went insane on that image!
Old 10-27-2007, 05:40 AM   #10
MichaelJ
The Photo Journalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. E. Landrum
If a pic is perceived to be borderline, remember that sometimes it is best that the photo is reviewed on more than one screen. For example, sometimes as a screener I may think something is exposed improperly, but not certain, so I'll kick it to the administrators queue so they can look at it on their screen. I don't want to reject a photo unfairly. You took the time to share your photo with fellow rail enthusiasts and you deserve a second look if it is close in my opinion.

Thank you all for sharing and your patience. - Erik Landrum, RP screener
What types of monitors do you (and the other screeners) use, Erik?

Personally, I have a Sony LCD that is about four years old and is still going strong. I have noticed that my photos look a little richer on the HP LCD screens at Uni - perhaps a little too rich!

The views expressed in this reply are personal and do not represent the views or policy of my employer.
MichaelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 05:41 AM   #11
bigbassloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ween
I can't say I remember seeing the Overprocessed rejection before, but, man, you went insane on that image!
X2

I'm curious as to what all you have to do to an image to make it Bob Ross style.

Loyd L.

My personal photography site
bigbassloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 05:46 AM   #12
Ween

I think he went Image>Adjustments>Extreme Fake-ify>100%

Old 10-27-2007, 06:03 AM   #13
Carl Becker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJ
Personally, I have a Sony LCD that is about four years old and is still going strong. I have noticed that my photos look a little richer on the HP LCD screens at Uni - perhaps a little too rich!
Right now, I am on a laptop, and this screen makes normal shots look like absolute crap! I am looking through my shots in the database and can truly understand why it is so hard to get shots processed on laptops. At least we know screeners aren't screening while they're driving!

~Carl Becker
Carl Becker is offline   Reply With Quote