RailPictures.Net Forums

RailPictures.Net Forums (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/index.php)
-   Railroad Photography Forum (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Photo Theft of RPers... (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16138)

crazytiger 02-09-2013 07:17 PM

Photo Theft of RPers...

Someone's stealing a bunch of photos and putting them on their FB page. They may be even making money on some of them...

http://www.facebook.com/TheKentuckyTrainman

Kevin Madore, he must have had nearly 15 of your photos up there. Numerous photos by others. Ron Flanary, Mike Danneman, Brandon Warnick and many others. Look for your stuff.

You will probably have to get FB to take them down, as the owner of the page hasn't complied with other requests.

Edit: Note that this is a model train shop's FB page. It is therefore logical to conclude this is FOR-PROFIT USE.

nikos1 02-09-2013 07:27 PM

Wooo, mine suck too much to be stolen!

crazytiger 02-09-2013 07:50 PM

Apparently, so do mine...

jnohallman 02-10-2013 12:15 AM

Yay. Mine suck too. :roll:

Jon

Holloran Grade 02-10-2013 02:38 AM

Suck

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos1 (Post 163855)
Wooo, mine suck too much to be stolen!

Me too!:lol:

They seem to be gone now.

I saw a share of one this morning on FB and thought wow, how have I missed this guy's photos - now I know.

Watain 02-10-2013 03:19 AM

Looked at the page, didn't see any of mine, guess its a good that I suck. :lol:

trainboysd40 02-10-2013 06:56 AM

Put in a hell of a complaint to facebook when I got your gchat.

FastFlyingVirginian 02-10-2013 04:56 PM

Seems real apologetic about it... :roll:

Quote:

"To all u sniveling losers out there that tried making my life misreable yesterday u actually did my page some good i got 18 new likes during the course of all ur ranting and raving not to mention 28,000 ppl seen my page 12,890 for the 1st time and of those ppl i have received hundreds of message all against what u were doing to me hah! so not to rub ur pathetic little weenies in it but Thanks so much for caring enough to help populate my page..."

Holloran Grade 02-10-2013 05:47 PM

An Admission by Conduct

It should probably read like this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastFlyingVirginian (Post 163870)
"To all u sniveling losers out there that tried making my life misreable [sic] yesterday u actually did....."

JimThias 02-10-2013 06:04 PM

Wow, 18 new "likes" on facebook. His life must be so fulfilling.

Holloran Grade 02-10-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimThias (Post 163880)
Wow, 18 new "likes" on facebook. His life must be so fulfilling.

Did he like himself?

I love when people do that - "like" their own stuff.:rolleyes:

Joe the Photog 02-10-2013 06:42 PM

How many of those 18 were people wanting to keep updated if he stole more shots?

Cyclonetrain 02-10-2013 07:32 PM

this is what he told me when i commented "how old are you like 2"

"Richard Voigt

better question is how old are u to become a part of something that went real ugly yesterday when i got life threatening phone calls from 4 different ppl about a fucking pisture and now im adding ur name to the complaint i filed with the KY state police last night they have heard tyhe recordings and are going to get the numbers of who called me not to mentiojn ive transcripted all these lovely comments if ur married look at ur wife and ask urself how ud feel if some 1 called ur home and called her a cunt or said they were gonna kill her then come at me again good bye"

Holloran Grade 02-10-2013 07:42 PM

More Vitriol

So much for spell check and grammar.:-D

BFD - Poster refrains from making inappropriate reference to state where subject purportedly lives.

railfanzone 02-10-2013 08:19 PM

This comment really floors me - by one Brian Snyder:

"Matthew, I am a professional Photographer. Once you post a photo on FB,Instagram,Twitter or any other Social Media site, it is considered public domain...."

Supposedly that was from this guy's lawyer. I don't buy it.

From this post:
https://www.facebook.com/TheKentucky...90259741010191

Which outlines FB's TOS. Yes, we grant FB a license to republish our work - that's needed to allow FB's software to make the photos appear on someone else's timeline. Not for users of FB to use the photos willy-nilly.

Honestly, the ignorance of copyright is frightening. These people think they're in the right.

Joe the Photog 02-10-2013 08:21 PM

I get a very interesting comment back from him for my stolen car comment. I don't expect to be on his Christmas card list this year. Of course, there'd be stolen from someone else.

khalucha 02-10-2013 08:26 PM

He talks (post) like a teenager. I wonder if any of the pictures he was using was copyrighted?

Watain 02-10-2013 09:18 PM

So the theif calls the police? Dumbass...

trainboysd40 02-10-2013 09:51 PM

I went from taking it very seriously to just reporting it to today, after seeing those responses, wondering if I should contact the local police or perhaps a lawyer.

loomus78 02-10-2013 10:46 PM

The guy is something else. Claiming he has the right to post any photo he wants to that shows up in the Google database.

I proceeded to tell him different which got me on his "ban and f**k you" list. I'm heartbroken!

Guess you gotta believe whatever is posted on the internet.

coborn35 02-10-2013 11:44 PM

Richard Voigt
if im a moron then u must be hayseed ignorant cause ur joining in on a battle that has no ammunition if u knew the facts before u ran ur mouth ud prolly sit back and laugh at these idiots but u chose a side so now uve got to live with the consiquences of it

railfanzone 02-10-2013 11:51 PM

I posted a grammatically correct question directed to Mr. Brian Snyder about his erroneous interpretation of Facebook's TOS, basically saying that if anything posted to FB is public domain as Mr. Snyder implied (or his lawyer as he indicates), why have they removed photos of mine after I filed a copyright infringement claim. That got this reply from our wordsmith:

"funny fb removed nothing i myself took the pictures down Fb had absolutley nothing at all to do with the removal of any 1s pictures"

Which was promptly followed up with this:
"only mature and sensible adults can post on this page all others will be removed by me not fb"

I give up...he couldn't even understand my post - which was civil and beyond sensible, so he bans me.

Great business model. I guess I'll be forwarding his name along to all my modeling friends to make sure they do not patronize his business.

loomus78 02-11-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by railfanzone (Post 163896)
I posted a grammatically correct question directed to Mr. Brian Snyder about his erroneous interpretation of Facebook's TOS, basically saying that if anything posted to FB is public domain as Mr. Snyder implied (or his lawyer as he indicates), why have they removed photos of mine after I filed a copyright infringement claim. That got this reply from our wordsmith:

"funny fb removed nothing i myself took the pictures down Fb had absolutley nothing at all to do with the removal of any 1s pictures"

Which was promptly followed up with this:
"only mature and sensible adults can post on this page all others will be removed by me not fb"

I give up...he couldn't even understand my post - which was civil and beyond sensible, so he bans me.

Great business model. I guess I'll be forwarding his name along to all my modeling friends to make sure they do not patronize his business.

The same here Tom. None of the pictures were mine but I, along with you were very civil about it. I doubt when FB looks into this tomorrow he will no longer have a page, or be allowed to start another.

railfanzone 02-11-2013 12:17 AM

Jon - Now that he deleted all the offending photos, there's not much FB can do. He's now in compliance with copyright law. Without the actual violation for them to view, there's nothing that can be done...

I'll be watching him though...and that's the sad part, the list of Facebook pages/profiles/Flickr accounts I have to monitor is growing...

I see his personal FB profile is chock full of RP photos too...none of mine, thankfully...

loomus78 02-11-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by railfanzone (Post 163898)
Jon - Now that he deleted all the offending photos, there's not much FB can do. He's now in compliance with copyright law. Without the actual violation for them to view, there's nothing that can be done...

I'll be watching him though...and that's the sad part, the list of Facebook pages/profiles/Flickr accounts I have to monitor is growing...

I see his personal FB profile is chock full of RP photos too...none of mine, thankfully...

FB can go back and see. Especially since he denies any wrongdoing.

If you rob a bank then go back an hour later and return the money. You still robbed a bank.