RailPictures.Net Forums

RailPictures.Net Forums (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/index.php)
-   Railroad Photography Forum (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Strange Rejection (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17448)

SFO777 04-10-2015 11:08 PM

Banned: Your Upload Priveleges Have Been Revoked
 
Here's one I haven't seen before. Should I appeal? :confused: To be fair I think I know what this is about--I had submitted crops from this same photo but this work represents new work I have done in photoshop learning how to use curves, levels, noise reduction, and sharpening tools and I think is a significant step forward.

http://railpictures.net/viewreject.p...41&key=3505844

Edit: I tried appealing to explain the work I had been doing with photoshop but they have also turned off my appeal priveleges. A catch-22!

dnsommer2013 04-11-2015 12:00 AM

Are your uploading privileges banned altogether, or just for this image?

I think it's unique and colorful, but what looks like heat distortion detracts from it a bit for me.

conrail1990 04-11-2015 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnsommer2013 (Post 184697)
Are your uploading privileges banned altogether, or just for this image?

When your banned. All upload ability is revoked. How many times did you send this in prior to this one and what was it rejected for?

magicman_841 04-11-2015 02:36 AM

Yeah, you're screwed.

A caption that correspond to the photo usually helps, too.

SFO777 04-11-2015 03:03 AM

I sent in a lot--different shots from this particular sequence as well as this particular frame in different crops and processing efforts. I don't really blame them for banning me. I do think it's a funny rejection post here though. Not too often some posts a banning! Yesterday I got this one on [photoid=526407] and I figured I had finally figured how to process this stuff. But I guess not.

Now that I look at it I don't know if I was progressing. Here is an earlier effort in this sequence: http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...73&key=4428231

Why does everything look so rad on the iMac screen but not as good elsewhere?

Oh well...onward and upward.

SFO777 04-11-2015 03:45 AM

.................................................. .......

SFO777 04-11-2015 05:51 AM

.................................................. ...........................................

SFO777 04-11-2015 06:32 AM

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

SFO777 04-11-2015 09:23 AM

.................................................. ...........

RobJor 04-11-2015 11:14 AM

Remember when you asked about quitting and I talked about taking a break?.
I am on break now. It is hard but time to go out and get some new work and let the old rejections die at least for a while.
I like that photo because of the bike rider, could do well elsewhere but sometimes you got to take a hint. I started in a business and there was a problem customer and the old time boss notated on his sheet. "One more beef shuts him up." so ...

Bob Jordan

Mberry 04-11-2015 03:42 PM

First you say you don't blame them for banning you, but then you start rambling..... I'm confused.

KevinM 04-11-2015 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFO777 (Post 184702)
I sent in a lot--different shots from this particular sequence as well as this particular frame in different crops and processing efforts. I don't really blame them for banning me.

Not sure how long you have been reading the forums, but if you've been here for a while, you know that blitzing the RP queue, especially when you're not having much success, can be an express ticket to losing uploads, or being banned altogether. One thing that can seriously get you the wrong kind of attention is resubmitting version after version of the same photo ad nauseum. I learned that 3 is about the limit. If, after 3 submissions, you can't get the image in, put it aside and move on. Getting attached to one photo is just not a good idea. Get a Flickr page for the stuff that doesn't make it. If you've been getting a lot of rejections, back off and take a break. Rejections breed rejections. The more the screeners see of your name, particularly on appeals, the sicker they get of it.

Another suggestion for new folks..... If you are new, DO NOT APPEAL. Period. Save appeals for a time when you are regularly getting images accepted and you have some "standing". Then, you can use your appeal if you have ONE image ONCE IN A WHILE that you really feel strongly about.

Unfortunately, patience is not a virtue that most people have these days, particularly the younger folks. They join RP, they blitz the queue, they submit the same image over and over and over, and then appeal every rejection. Their time on RP is all over very quickly....wham, bam, thank you ma'am.

SFO777 04-11-2015 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mberry (Post 184711)
First you say you don't blame them for banning you, but then you start rambling..... I'm confused.

I'm not a robot Mberry. It's possible to be both upset and understanding at the same time, you know?

Freericks 04-11-2015 07:02 PM

Kevin's advice is spot on (so much so that I'm not going to add more to it except to say, when you keep trying with the same shot it's sort of like a kid in the backseat who keeps asking "are we there yet?").

miningcamper1 04-11-2015 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinM (Post 184715)
Their time on RP is all over very quickly....wham, bam, thank you ma'am.

So what are you saying? Beware of temperamental admins?

Is banning without warning any way to treat the photogs who provide nearly all of the site's content?

SFO777 04-11-2015 07:42 PM

Well, I'm over it. Now I just need to get them to delete my account, which I'v e been trying to do for two weeks at least to no avail. Maybe they need to wait till end of the month for click-accounting purposes to delete accounts but still have page views count for advertising? Obviously, I know nothing about these things.

conrail1990 04-12-2015 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFO777 (Post 184719)
Well, I'm over it. Now I just need to get them to delete my account, which I'v e been trying to do for two weeks at least to no avail.

If you have been trying to delete your account for two weeks. Why continue to contribute and ask for advice on how to get rejected photos accepted into the database? :confused:

JimThias 04-12-2015 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conrail1990 (Post 184722)
If you have been trying to delete your account for two weeks. Why continue to contribute and ask for advice on how to get rejected photos accepted into the database? :confused:

Baffling, isn't it? :lol:

SFO777 04-12-2015 03:23 AM

.................................................. ............

SFO777 04-12-2015 04:20 AM

.................................................. ...

SFO777 04-12-2015 08:18 AM

................................................

RobJor 04-12-2015 08:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey you are not on the right "track", you need to trying something more like this.
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphot...526639&nseq=40

Bob

But don't feel too bad, mine attached was rejected for being a crappy photo, something just to live with.

JRMDC 04-12-2015 09:26 PM

Nice one, Bob!

miningcamper1 04-13-2015 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobJor (Post 184737)

But don't feel too bad, mine attached was rejected for being a crappy photo, something just to live with.

Wowwww! Best RR shot I've seen in a while.
What did the guardians of standards have to say about it? :confused::confused::confused:
Do you post photos on another site?

Freericks 04-13-2015 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobJor (Post 184737)
Hey you are not on the right "track", you need to trying something more like this.
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphot...526639&nseq=40

Bob

But don't feel too bad, mine attached was rejected for being a crappy photo, something just to live with.

That's a great shot.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.