Posted by Mitch Goldman on October 15, 2008 
This is the kind of shot where if two people took identical photos, only one would make it down the mountain ; ) Awesome perspective, Kevin.
Posted by on October 16, 2008 
Nice shot. It looks like they're running on GarGraves 3 rail track.
Posted by Ken Kuehne on October 16, 2008 
Love this shot. PC Vote from me.
Posted by Travis Dewitz on October 16, 2008 
Great perspective!
Posted by Janusz Mrozek on October 20, 2008 
Tremendous shot - great back light, great sense of place.
Posted by Kevin Madore on October 21, 2008 
OMG! POW! I just logged in while on a business trip and was pretty startled to see this shot showing on the home page. Not sure how POWs are decided but to whomever had a hand in this, THANK YOU SO MUCH! And thanks to the folks who left the kind comments on this shot and my other recent pictures from The Cog. I visited twice in the space of a week out of concern that this might be the last season when 5 steamers would roam the mountain at one time. Let's all hope that this is not the case. This is an engineering landmark that deserves to be preserved as-is for future generations to appreciate! :o)
Posted by John West on October 22, 2008 
Great image. Your pix, as well as those posted by some others, influenced my vacation plans this year, and Barbara and I had a great time visiting the Bretton Woods area and riding The Cog. I'll have a few of my own images to post, but they can wait. The Mount Washington Railroad is a wonderful rube goldberg steam operation and anyone who misses it before the "bio-diesels" take over will have missed a grand show. Thanks bringing it to our attention.
Posted by danwarner125 on October 25, 2008 
Im not sure how I missed this shot the first day it was out but wow. It looks like a modern shot placed in the late 1800's. Great shot.
- Post a Comment -