Posted by Charles Freericks on October 8, 2010 
Wow... as a longtime TV Movie exec/producer... this is just the coolest thing in the world to me.
Posted by Mitch Goldman on October 8, 2010 
The right place at the right time! Nice catch. And on the Corridor, no less!
Posted by cmdrflake on October 9, 2010 
I would not recommend trying this at Niantic these days, what with the overhead catenary with 25Kv roaring through it.
Posted by Robert Richardson on October 9, 2010 
Wasn't this shot in TRAINS that same year?
Posted by Brian Hiscock on October 9, 2010 
That is just too cool!
Posted by Bernie Feltman on October 9, 2010 
One of the rare, once in a lifetime photos, that gets posted and shared from time to time. Very nice, AL
Posted by Richard Trujillo on October 9, 2010 
Spock!!!
Posted by Nick A. Kaminski on October 9, 2010 
Classic!
Posted by Charles Bonville on October 14, 2010 
What's the story on the grill over the cab windows? Was that done just for the movie or was that a safety idea that didn't last?
Posted by on October 14, 2010 
The grilles, dubbed "ghetto grilles," were standard equipment on Corridor locomotives for a few years, simply to protect the crew from thrown objects. Eventually, sturdier windshields were installed instead.
Posted by Dennis A. Livesey on October 14, 2010 
I remember this shot very well. I pass this to some colleagues and they might be able to ID my compatriots, the cameramen shooting with the durable Arriflex IIC. That rudimentary safety rope wouldn't be use today!
Posted by Joshua Bauer on October 14, 2010 
Ah, I love that movie. I think I know what part that is. That's a great thing to see! I knew what it was as soon as I saw the picture preview. Amazing job.
Posted by Matt Maloy on April 10, 2013 
Of coarse Shatner makes it out alive, otherwise "Star Trek, Second Generation" wouldn't have been made. This is a great movie, a million times better that "Unstoppable", mostly just because they got everything right in this movie.
Posted by xBNSFer on March 16, 2016 
Classic lines..."Lemme hear ya groan!"
Posted by Robert Briscoe Jr. on June 20, 2016 
Best Movie Ever... A Hundred Dollars says She'll Hold.
- Post a Comment -