Posted by Eric Williams on June 6, 2012 
Wonderful shot that certainly blurs the line between railroad and travel photography.
Posted by MarkT on June 6, 2012 
Wow. It must have been hard to resist a classic viaduct shot but you definitely made the right decision! PCA from me.
Posted by Max Smith on June 6, 2012 
Great picture!
Posted by Christopher Blaszczyk on June 6, 2012 
Agreed with all the above. Great job of making the train a part of the scene, not the main focus. Looks like I got another Steve Armitage PCA nominee in my favorites list.
Posted by Mark Rosnick on June 6, 2012 
Nice to see you posting more images from your trips again. Very nice.
Posted by David Honan on June 7, 2012 
The land, the people and the railroad are merely components of the whole in that region -- marvelous job of tying all these elements together, Steve.
Posted by Dennis A. Livesey on June 7, 2012 
Wonderful as usual Steve.
Posted by Janusz Mrozek on June 7, 2012 
Tremendous culture/train shot, nice take on manual labor agriculture.
Posted by Rob Fox aka Hatchetman on June 7, 2012 
Looks like an old National Geographic magazine from the 50s.
Posted by Mont Panichjeerasin on June 7, 2012 
If the place always associate with the time, I might say that the photographer was so lucky for impersonation of the everyday life. There was no better chance again.
Posted by Jeff Sell on June 8, 2012 
With the train in the distant background, this photo is amazing even though the train isn't the main focus of the photo! Ditto to all of the previous comments as well! Good job!
Posted by Richard Stevens on June 16, 2012 
Wonderful shot, Steve, that really captures the atmosphere of rural China. I saw such scenes myself, but never in the right place to combine with a train.
Posted by Adam Pizante on June 18, 2012 
Wonderful image of harsh Chinese life, very well done!
- Post a Comment -