Posted by Red Eddie on August 2, 2016 
Wavy Gravy Maaaannn!
Posted by cnw4007 on August 2, 2016 
Is it maybe 1 tie in 5 that's good ?
Posted by showalterbj on August 3, 2016 
Napoleon's Waterloo?
Posted by xBNSFer on August 3, 2016 
They should buy all the (used) ties Metro North is replacing (seemingly just about every one on the railroad, and they keep bringing in truckloads (irony) more) on the cheap - even their "retired" ties are better than the rotten sticks on this railroad that pass for ties. Looks like they have enough ballast, anyway (if you're looking for the silver lining).
Posted by Dale Roth on August 3, 2016 
This reminds me of Conrail back years ago when they delivered boxcars at a brickyard where I worked. They derailed at least one car a week or dropped the engine between the rails. They had no interest in fixing the problem as they wanted to put the blame on another. It got so bad we had to ship our brick via truck to another loading site in order for the brick to travel cross country. - I see in the lower left two different sized rails.
Posted by Tom Rourke on August 4, 2016 
Punky & split ties, pulled spikes, terrible surface (profile) on the rails. poor sub-grade, is gauge even out too? Can't make out the heat marks on the rails, how old is this line? This track needs major work. Likely this track doesn't even meet Class 1 standards.
Posted by Peter H on August 8, 2016 
Didn't they make a big deal about investing in track work a few years back? Looks like they didn't make it this far.
Posted by Steve Larson on December 15, 2016 
TRAGIC!
- Post a Comment -