Posted by C H on April 12, 2017 
I need a time machine to go back and see Tennessee Pass in its hay day! Great Photo
Posted by David Harris on April 13, 2017 
Great image, but very depressing.
Posted by Jo Winter on April 13, 2017 
Great picture and great story. But the description of the complexity of DRGW's and later SP's helper operation over Tennessee Pass also explains just too well why shutting down this line was the first thing UP would do after the merger.
Posted by dshartrick on April 13, 2017 
Sweet shot Mike. That is one railroad I miss big time...
Posted by on April 13, 2017 
Yeah a great loss to u.s. Railroading and to us fans worldwide who follow your railroads
Posted by Herb Brown Jr on April 13, 2017 
Great shot. The SP 4400's are classic.
Posted by Colorado Railroads on May 20, 2017 
Mike, great photo! I love the "new power" look! To show what helper operations looked like, I found a video showing the SP units building the train and then carrying it eastward over Tennessee Pass. Have a look! https://youtu.be/5mJntOeH5Yo?list=PL2j-ISnT6FiDf8CYj91YR34QMN_9K4051
Posted by Miguel on December 31, 2017 
DPU would make running on this stretch of track a lot easier but again, why deal with such a grade and conditions when you can simply bypass it? The closure is understandable from that perspective.
Posted by Wendell Parks on January 7, 2019 
Nice picture of the Espee, Mike! Since the UP is not going to reopen the Tennessee Pass line anymore, why not sell the line? This route would make a great excursion railroad for travel.
- Post a Comment -