View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 10:52 PM   #10
John West
Senior Curmudgeon

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by oltmannd View Post
Here's the scoop.

I used to get 10 uploads a day, too. I was grandfathered in. When I started scanning old slides in earnest and uploading several a day, I'd usually get about half accepted, then I'd appeal the ones I thought were pretty good as a matter of course, and about half of them would get in.

I did this for about four months without even a whimper.

I didn't know there was a penalty for appealing "too many" until one day I got cut down to two and my appeal privileged revoked. No warning. Just woke up one day and looked for it, and there it was! Gone. As Bob and Doug McKenzie might say...

And, thus it remains to this day.
I looked through the pix you have on RP. You have some wonderful old stuff. Your appeal situation mystifies me, suspect you should email an admin, perhaps you have been lost between the cracks.

Yes, this image needs some rotation. It is kind of interesting because the need for rotation is very apparent to the naked eye, even though the amount of rotation is very small. Indeed, when I downloaded it to Photoshop and snapped a grid on it, my initial reaction was it looked "level". But upon closer examination the need for a slight rotation became apparent, and it all of a sudden the image looked "straight". We're kinda in Spencer Streamliner overload, but it is one of the better images and worth resubmitting.

Last edited by John West; 06-05-2014 at 10:55 PM.
John West is offline   Reply With Quote