Thread: "Going Away"
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 04:20 PM   #22
Grewup on the CW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortlinesUSA View Post
I was surprised to see this photo get rejected, but then remembered the dreaded "going away." I rarely appeal, and if I do with this one, I think it would be my second time in nearly 20 years of participating on this site.

I say I was surprised because "going away" never crossed my mind with this shot. The train is stopped, and I only saw the "thirds" with my photo eye-- loco on the left, loadout in the center (to demonstrate a revived customer) and crew and shipper meeting on the right.

I guess the loco is truly in the "wrong direction" but I like the emphasis it places on the RJ Corman logo.

I'm not upset at all, just wondering what y'all see when you look at this photo-- going away, or an interesting photo? Worth appeal, or just let it ride?

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...11&key=5510282
I like the shot and what your trying to do with it in terms of both your descriptions but as I've been told before on the forums when I asked a similar question to my rejection/pic, without the description the pic does not convey the story and with it going away I dont see RP letting it in. Different angle maybe.. IMHO
Grewup on the CW is offline   Reply With Quote