View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 03:06 PM   #9
Decapod401

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortis View Post
Sorry but it was not a cloudy day. The picture was shot during the golden hour with the mild sunlight in front of the tram.
From what I get here, more sunlight is of the essence. Ok.
Your rejected photo is flat and the sky is grey, implying that it is a cloudy day. Do you use a photo editor? Miningcamper's edit gives it a better appearance, mainly through the addition of contrast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortis View Post
I am not sure I understand what you mean when you say that the subject can be accessed on a regular basis. I believe that material from European rail-urban transport is quite rare on this website. On the contrary, material from US freight transport, of locomotives that look more or less the same but have different livery, is just too common here.

I never asked for a mediocre picture of mine to be accepted. But on the same principle you would expect mediocre pictures of "established" contributors to be rejected as well.
Rarity does not depend on the location of the photo, except in the case of high-security or inaccessible sites where the trains are rarely seen by anyone but employees. A photo of a regularly-running tram on a public street can be taken by anyone that it passes, so it is not "rare". While I prefer to see variety here, repetition does not define mediocrity. If a photo stands on its own technical merits it will be accepted here.

My RP Pics are HERE.

I've now got a Flickr. account, too.
Decapod401 is offline   Reply With Quote