View Single Post
Old 02-17-2006, 04:52 PM   #10
busyEMT

I have read this somewhere in the last few months. Is this from a blog? A book? Oprah's Book of the Month selection?

ADD:Puts to shame their attempt at a calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMTRAK website
SAFETY FIRST!

Amtrak reminds the public and especially those who may photograph a train to stay out of danger. It is very important to stay away from tracks, moving trains, yards, railroad structures (such as bridges, trestles, towers and wires) and the railroad right-of-way. Photographers must not trespass on railroad property or on private property adjacent to the railroad. Instead, stay in public access areas, such as stations, sidewalks or parking lots. All participants agree to assume the risk of harm and release Amtrak from all liability for personal injury and loss of property. Photographers are reminded that railroad tracks, trestles, yards and equipment are private property and that trespassers are subject to arrest and fines. Some stations served by Amtrak trains require advance permission for photography. Always obey all local rules and laws.
Emphasis added by me.

It isn't in the story, but what was the fine? Per LA state law:

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Louisiana
http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=78584

4. CRIMINAL TRESPASS

63. Criminal trespass...

C. No person shall remain in or upon property, movable or immovable, owned by another without express, legal, or implied authorization.
Wouldn't a ticket on that train be express if not implied authorization?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CON'T
G. The following penalties shall be imposed for a violation of this Section:

(1) For the first offense, the fine shall be not less than one hundred dollars and not more than five hundred dollars, or imprisonment for not more than thirty days, or both.
He must have been a real bugger to be tossed in the klink. I think this would really have been a tag and release situation.

Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics!

Last edited by busyEMT; 02-17-2006 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Additional stuff
busyEMT is offline   Reply With Quote