View Single Post
Old 02-18-2006, 04:58 PM   #16
cmherndon
Banned

Send a message via AIM to cmherndon Send a message via Yahoo to cmherndon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuente1
Folks need to remember that the police are only doing their jobs and rail security is an issue in the US.
That they do. I was actually questioned back in September while shooting the CSX around Corbin. This was due to the fact that my friend and I were in an area that was well known for drug deals (we were unaware of that at the time). However, we cooperated with the officers and everything went smoothly. I think the problem is that people freak out anytime the law is involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnsf sammy
Why is it an issue? I would think that airplane security would be way higher on the list, and has the US had any terriorist type rail accidents?
There was that Amtrak derailment in Arizona about 10 years ago, but I'm not really sure what became of that. However, railroads are targets for terrorist activity due to their importance in commerce and the large amount of hazmat that's being transported via rail. There's not been a large scale terrorist related derailment in the US, and I'm sure all of us would like to keep it that way.

Last edited by cmherndon; 02-18-2006 at 05:03 PM.
cmherndon is offline   Reply With Quote