View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 02:33 AM   #18
DWHonan

Edit: Looks like Jon and I were scribbling at the same time. Nevertheless...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kml928 View Post
I'll do a quick clone and get the pole out and drop the brightness down a little, the RAW image was alot darker on the engine, I think when I brought some highlights out in the sky it bumped the brightness up on the engine as well.
...blah blah blah DPSG blah blah blah:
Quote:
The purpose of our website is to display genuine, authentic photographs of trains and railroad related scenes. Bearing this in mind, digital manipulation of photographs ... is not permitted
There is nothing more authentic to ex-Pennsy mainlines east of HBG than the old catenary support structures! (And I mean "support" in the more liberal sense.)

Anyway, assuming you're still going to go ahead and clone out the pole, I hope you do a real good job getting rid of the wires, too, because otherwise somebody's going to notice that seven parabolas are ending at arbitrary points in the sky.

Really, the point of what the respondents to your posts are trying to get you to accomplish is to create better compositions in the field, not rely on post-processing to remove detracting elements.
View my portfolio at Flickr Not quite so new anymore!

Last edited by DWHonan; 02-26-2009 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Acknowledging reinvention of the wheel
DWHonan is offline   Reply With Quote