View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 12:55 AM   #164
chuckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMR159 View Post
People like this are why I've basically into hiding in recent years. I avoid most other railfans like the plague, going so far as to just drive right past a location if another railfan is already there, or completely ignoring others during some of the bigger chases. Some consider me to be an asshole for these actions, but I've run into enough people in this hobby who are a few french fries short of a Happy Meal. I mean, it's just a hobby -- we take photos of trains because we enjoy it...and yet so much artificial drama, competitiveness, overinflated egos, and some who are just completely off their rocker always seem to creep into the mix. The whole thing has started to feel like high school revisited for me, and I don't mean that in a good way...
Well, I can say that some areas have more annoying people than others. When I spent a little time over in Kansas City, every railfan I ran into was pleasant and fun to converse with trackside, same with Altoona. Out in Rawchesta and Buffalo where we are, the population of idiots seems to be multiplying every day...

My photos on flickr...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53728467@N08/
chuckman is offline   Reply With Quote