View Single Post
Old 04-28-2020, 04:25 AM   #20
John Russell - NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimThias View Post
I've had LR on my computer for several years but have never used it. Seeme a bit too complicated for my pea brain. That's why I prefer photoshop.
Quote:

In processing (photoshop, in my case), I'll create a layer copy for processing the blown out sections. Then, using the shadow/highlights tool, tone down the highlights to retain some detail. After that, I'll create another layer copy and move that above the layer that I just used the highlights tool on. Next step is to create a layer mask, select the brush tool, and then remove the blown out sections of that layer with the one below it using the brush. Quite often I'll set the opacity of that brush around 20-30% and then brush it several times until I achieve the look I want. Then simply combine the two layers.

Well Jim if LightRoom is more difficult there's no hope for me. I couldn't even get my head around PS Elements to learn layers. And no hope for this photo either it would seem; I saw that rejection as a killer. A hill too hard to climb as Rob says. I figure that if RP wanted it they wouldn't have rejected it for a dark nose. The car tops don't bother me at all so I won't play with it more. The substitute submission with frontal nose light was rejected for high sun despite taken 16:30 - light maybe too frontal. Perhaps I stick to diesel shots!
John Russell - NZ is offline   Reply With Quote