View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 06:35 PM   #44
Joe the Photog
A dude with a camera

Some of this is second hand and some of it was told to me directly. I wouldn't use it in a story I was writing, but on an internet board, I think it's OK. Trackwork should begin after the new year that will allow six axles all the way to Kershaw. I'd expect run through power on unit trains to ADM. It will be odd to see NS power back in Lancaster, but odder still will be when/if CSX sends a train that way.

The thinking goes that the mother and slug set will work the Kershaw side with the 7092 while the 60Ms handle the Chester side. And oobviously a 60M might find it's way to Kershaw some. They'll need to keep a few of the GPs or the MP15 for the track NW oout of Lancaster to the spike plant and there is also one spur in Richburg that won't take more than four axles.

I hate that I don't live as close as I used to or else I could share more observations. Pat of me wonders if all thise work on the track might be to make the railroad more appealing to possible suitors. Mr. Claussen is not getting younger. All of this is speculation on my part, but I can't help but think a sale is probably somewhere down the line. If so, all this talk about paint schemes may become moot.