View Single Post
Old 04-24-2021, 02:38 PM   #22
RobJor

Couple of sidelights.

When you send a photo into a magazine for feature or contest you give them permission for use including usually for promotional purposes, articles etc but you still retain ownership. I remember Cinthia Priest at RR Illustrated was very strict on that.

Trader sides are an interesting sidelight. I know several people who traded slides and all of sudden some long forgotten slide traded years ago shows up I mentioned my friend Terry Norton whom I posted a few photos but is not online. Looking through posts I see photos of DT & I, so I send him the link. Long ago an employee gave him information when he was in Ohio so he sent him slides.
Then years later the son posts the images. Brought back some good memories for him. I think most people look at this as a little serendipity.

Ebay - of course all kinds of stuff shows up there sometimes at Prices????
70's Milwaukee Road roster shots tho are a "dime a dozen", We were all taking them. Another friend Bill Clynes sent me a link for N & W Pocahontas going away steam shot for a lot of money. "Wow, I was standing next to him, I have the same shot."

Bob
RobJor is offline   Reply With Quote