Old 04-19-2021, 02:00 PM   #1
RobJor

Default 1964 C & EI GP-7's with dimmensional cars

I have asked a friend to give me some of his older photos to post. I have posted a few here and they have done will, he has a good number in books and magazines. This is of Chicago and Eastern Illinois, there are very few on this site so I considered worthwhile.

I think there is value judgement historical? and also a quality judgement considering the date. Times is running out for some for some of these, they may make it into collections or just......

Blurry

https://www.railpictures.net/viewrej...25&key=6455585
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RailpicsCEIMTVernonTerry.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	9891  
RobJor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 10:26 PM   #2
vcode455

Terry has some great stuff. I've seen many of his slides, some are real pants wetters! That said, I'm a little surprised this on is blurry. But it was 1964. Rarity trumps the perfect slide from this era IMHO.
vcode455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 04:45 AM   #3
RobJor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcode455 View Post
Terry has some great stuff. I've seen many of his slides, some are real pants wetters! That said, I'm a little surprised this on is blurry. But it was 1964. Rarity trumps the perfect slide from this era IMHO.
Depends, doesn't it?
I think there are maybe a dozen of this line here(what I could see). Low light, end of day, fast line, side view, maybe KR25, maybe 64. I think he did pretty good.

Bob
RobJor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 12:53 PM   #4
Decapod401

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJor View Post
Depends, doesn't it?
I think there are maybe a dozen of this line here(what I could see). Low light, end of day, fast line, side view, maybe KR25, maybe 64. I think he did pretty good.

Bob
I have never had any luck with any of my older stuff getting accepted without being sharp and free of blur, including a meet between two A-B-B-A sets of EL F7's (only the nearest unit was blurred) after the sun had set. This is a nice capture, and I would not object to it being accepted. Beside the low speed film, which most of us used into the 90's, the f1.7 and faster lenses that were common in the 70's were not available in 1964, so stopping a fast train on slide film in this light was just about impossible.

My RP Pics are HERE.

I've now got a Flickr. account, too.
Decapod401 is offline   Reply With Quote