Old 01-14-2022, 02:23 PM   #1
Michael sender

Default Bad Info

I would like to ask for the help of any of the members identifying details regarding locomotive in the photo in the attached link: https://www.railpictures.net/viewrej...16&key=6403399
such as "Locomotive , Railroad etc. The photo was rejected in regard of " Bad Info". However the specific incorrect data was not mentioned by the screener .
With regards
Michael
Michael sender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 03:13 PM   #2
GoDogGo

You've got the locomotive number in the date it looks like.
Old 01-14-2022, 03:44 PM   #3
RobJor

Also, I'd consider adding some at least minimal description. Maybe a couple sentences to add context to the submission.
RobJor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 04:46 PM   #4
GoDogGo

I personally only add the description after the photo has been accepted to avoid having to type it multiple times for resubmissions or avoid wasting my time if completely rejected.
Old 01-15-2022, 01:39 AM   #5
Decapod401

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDogGo View Post
I personally only add the description after the photo has been accepted to avoid having to type it multiple times for resubmissions or avoid wasting my time if completely rejected.
If I see the photo wasn't worth the photographer's effort to include a caption, it must not be worth my time to view it. The submission page retains the caption for resubmission, and the caption is also in your rejected photo notice. There's no reason not to submit it with the photo, and you may stand a better chance of acceptance if you don't feel confident that the photo is strong enough to stand on its own.

My RP Pics are HERE.

I've now got a Flickr. account, too.
Decapod401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 02:50 AM   #6
GoDogGo

I get photos accepted without posting the description first, and I used to get them rejected when I did post the description first. I know one guy who never posts descriptions and gets photos accepted. I don’t think that really makes much difference.
Old 01-15-2022, 02:08 PM   #7
Michael sender

Thanks a lot for your comments.
Michael sender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 06:10 PM   #8
xBNSFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael sender View Post
I would like to ask for the help of any of the members identifying details regarding locomotive in the photo in the attached link: https://www.railpictures.net/viewrej...16&key=6403399
such as "Locomotive , Railroad etc. The photo was rejected in regard of " Bad Info". However the specific incorrect data was not mentioned by the screener .
With regards
Michael
That's either an SD60M or SD60I, not an SD60 - might be one reason you got a "bad info" indication. You also have the locomotive number and date on the same line, think those are usually separate.
xBNSFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 12:45 PM   #9
Joseph Cermak

You are also missing the reporting mark. Instead of just 6014, include the reporting mark, which I'm guessing is "WAMX 6014".

Also I don't know your area or this particular locomotive, but as far as I know, the Kanawha River Railroad is located in Ohio and West Virginia area, not in Texas. This looks like another Watco operation. Maybe this unit has KNWA reporting marks and that is correct, but I would check if that's really the right railroad to use here.

Edit: A quick search of the suspected "WAMX 6014" indicates that it is an SD60M currently operating on the Watco owned Austin Western Railroad.

Last edited by Joseph Cermak; 01-18-2022 at 12:47 PM.
Joseph Cermak is offline   Reply With Quote