Old 10-09-2021, 03:16 AM   #26
TedG
Member
 
TedG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: central Merlin
Posts: 71
Default

Hi Chris,

On the photo upload page, the CLEAR FORM button seems to be non-functional now.

Ted
TedG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 04:30 PM   #27
RobJor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedG View Post
Hi Chris,

On the photo upload page, the CLEAR FORM button seems to be non-functional now.

Ted
And the notifications is not working properly, ie directs to 2018 photos instead of latest.

Bob
RobJor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 07:20 PM   #28
Chris Kilroy
Administrator
 
Chris Kilroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Henderson, NV USA
Posts: 936
Send a message via ICQ to Chris Kilroy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedG View Post
On the photo upload page, the CLEAR FORM button seems to be non-functional now.
Thanks, Ted. This should be fixed now.
__________________
Chris Kilroy
Editor, RailPictures.Net
- View My Photos at RailPictures.Net!
- View My Photos at JetPhotos.Net!
Chris Kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 07:21 PM   #29
Chris Kilroy
Administrator
 
Chris Kilroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Henderson, NV USA
Posts: 936
Send a message via ICQ to Chris Kilroy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJor View Post
And the notifications is not working properly, ie directs to 2018 photos instead of latest.
Which notifications? The ones that come via email or the ones with the red number in the upper right corner of the website?

Both seem to be working properly for me, by the way.
__________________
Chris Kilroy
Editor, RailPictures.Net
- View My Photos at RailPictures.Net!
- View My Photos at JetPhotos.Net!
Chris Kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 11:12 PM   #30
RobJor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kilroy View Post
Which notifications? The ones that come via email or the ones with the red number in the upper right corner of the website?

Both seem to be working properly for me, by the way.
Sorry I was not more specific - notifications of people I am following if that is the right term that appears on my home page
--------------------------------

Yuriy Slyusar added 38 new photos.


Nikos Karageorgos added 33 new photos.


Jay railfotographia added 38 new photos.


Tom Farence added 38 new photos.
-----------------------------------------------


View All Notifications

Besides always showing 38 or 33 new photos I am directed to an old photo.

I never logout since not sure of my login/passwd so maybe that is problem after upgrade.
Anyway not that big of deal I guess, just to be helpful.

Thanks, bob

Fixed, Thank You.

Last edited by RobJor; 10-11-2021 at 03:08 AM.
RobJor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 03:34 PM   #31
KevinM
Senior Member
 
KevinM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,192
Default

I just noticed that I am no longer getting the e-mails that tell me a picture has been accepted, or the ones that notify me of comments. This JUST started happening. I have such e-mails from as recently as Monday. I don't know if this is just my e-mail server, or a site issue.
__________________
/Kevin

My RP stuff is here.

Link to my Flickr Albums. Albums from Steam Railroads all over the US.
KevinM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 01:15 PM   #32
Mberry
Senior Member
 
Mberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Montreal, Qc
Posts: 669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
I just noticed that I am no longer getting the e-mails that tell me a picture has been accepted, or the ones that notify me of comments. This JUST started happening. I have such e-mails from as recently as Monday. I don't know if this is just my e-mail server, or a site issue.
Was about to post about this as well...
Mberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 09:04 PM   #33
RobJor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 963
Default

Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
I just noticed that I am no longer getting the e-mails that tell me a picture has been accepted, or the ones that notify me of comments. This JUST started happening. I have such e-mails from as recently as Monday. I don't know if this is just my e-mail server, or a site issue.

Was about to post about this as well...

---------------------------

Had a comment accepted, no email notification.

Bob
RobJor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 04:20 PM   #34
KevinM
Senior Member
 
KevinM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,192
Default

Overnight, I received a boat-load of acceptance notices as well as comment notices, which were clearly retroactive for several days. Not sure if my e-mail system was just catching up with reality, or perhaps the notification issues with the site have been remedied. At least right this minute, I appear to be up-to-date on notifications.
__________________
/Kevin

My RP stuff is here.

Link to my Flickr Albums. Albums from Steam Railroads all over the US.
KevinM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 04:28 PM   #35
Mberry
Senior Member
 
Mberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Montreal, Qc
Posts: 669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
Overnight, I received a boat-load of acceptance notices as well as comment notices, which were clearly retroactive for several days. Not sure if my e-mail system was just catching up with reality, or perhaps the notification issues with the site have been remedied. At least right this minute, I appear to be up-to-date on notifications.
I got this as well.
Mberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 06:17 PM   #36
tbelton
Member
 
tbelton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 65
Default

Hi Chris,

I receive new photo notification emails for anything containing "Norfolk & Western" and I've now noticed that the View Full Size links no longer do anything. They appear to be just text. Doesn't work on my mobile devices or PC.


Thanks

Trey
tbelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 09:27 PM   #37
Mgoldman
Senior Member
 
Mgoldman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,708
Default

Clearly an upgrade issue, I hope -

Currently, the option to search via "most comments" is no longer available.

This method often prioritized the best and most interesting photos on RP, with "most favorited" doing a fairly decent job behind it. "Most popular" of course, remains the realm of most campaigned / Darwin, pretty girls, accidents and multiple locomotives at a leasing agent. I still like the idea of a one hour limit for most popular, allowing others with highly appealing images (that got uploaded "at the wrong time") a shot at the front page (as well), all the while adding some variety to the front page (do we really need to see a wreck or a so-so campaigned image for several hours?).

We always look for the site to get better and better, offering new features along the way. This would be a big step backwards (just like the removal of the map and the removal of the time stamp on the EXIF (for those not intent on hiding it).

/Mitch

Just noticed a search by "Most Comments" is available (sometimes?), but only on the front page, not afterwards - ie, I can not look up a patron's images, and then search via "most comments".

Last edited by Mgoldman; 11-16-2021 at 07:40 PM.
Mgoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 05:27 PM   #38
Decapod401
Senior Member
 
Decapod401's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 581
Default

I uploaded a photo on Tuesday night that was accepted:

Image © Doug Lilly
PhotoID: 787054
Photograph © Doug Lilly


I was busy yesterday and did not submit anything, and did not submit anything today. A little while ago, I received an email notice of submission results.

Image ©
PhotoID:
Photograph ©



This is strange.

(Edit) The [photoid=xxxxxx] function is not working either.
__________________
Doug Lilly

My RP Pics are HERE.

I've now got a Flickr. account, too.

Last edited by Decapod401; 11-14-2021 at 01:56 AM.
Decapod401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 07:42 PM   #39
Mgoldman
Senior Member
 
Mgoldman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decapod401 View Post
I uploaded a photo on Tuesday night that was accepted:

Image ©
PhotoID:
Photograph ©


I was busy yesterday and did not submit anything, and did not submit anything today. A little while ago, I received an email notice of submission results.

Image ©
PhotoID:
Photograph ©



This is strange.

(Edit) The [photoid=xxxxxx] function is not working either.
Seeing how it has been working for others recently - let's see if it's you, a temporary glitch, or a current issue:

Image © Mitch Goldman
PhotoID: 224171
Photograph © Mitch Goldman


/Mitch
Mgoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 08:59 PM   #40
RobJor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgoldman View Post
Seeing how it has been working for others recently - let's see if it's you, a temporary glitch, or a current issue:

Image © Mitch Goldman
PhotoID: 224171
Photograph © Mitch Goldman


/Mitch
Looks like Doug tried to reference photo number not yet reached.(797---)



Bob

Last edited by RobJor; 11-13-2021 at 09:03 PM.
RobJor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 01:56 AM   #41
Decapod401
Senior Member
 
Decapod401's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 581
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJor View Post
Looks like Doug tried to reference photo number not yet reached.(797---)



Bob
Thanks. Glitch #2 was on me.
__________________
Doug Lilly

My RP Pics are HERE.

I've now got a Flickr. account, too.
Decapod401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 07:03 PM   #42
Mgoldman
Senior Member
 
Mgoldman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,708
Default

Another issue I noticed, again, praying it's a glitch vs a removal of a feature...

On the home screen, you no longer can use "Photos I've favorited" nor "Photos I've commented on" in a search. Those a features I've come to depend on when using
this site. Hopefully, this will be fixed...

/Mitch

Well, wait - now it's there. And now it's not. Seems it is not always an option on the front page,
despite being logged in under each scenario. I saw it, but I can't get it back...

Last edited by Mgoldman; 11-16-2021 at 07:36 PM.
Mgoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 12:23 AM   #43
RobJor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgoldman View Post
Another issue I noticed, again, praying it's a glitch vs a removal of a feature...

On the home screen, you no longer can use "Photos I've favorited" nor "Photos I've commented on" in a search. Those a features I've come to depend on when using
this site. Hopefully, this will be fixed...

/Mitch

Well, wait - now it's there. And now it's not. Seems it is not always an option on the front page,
despite being logged in under each scenario. I saw it, but I can't get it back...

I can confirm same thing happened to me. I thought I was imagining something.

Also, maybe you could help Lisa out on the other thread "Cloudy day Strikes again." which is a pan shot. I heard you do those once in a while.

Bob Jordan

Last edited by RobJor; 11-17-2021 at 12:32 AM.
RobJor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.