Old 09-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #26
Joe the Photog
A dude with a camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMDC View Post
It occurs to me that, whatever is making the road/ground so bright is also making it reflective a bit, or glowing, and that light goes up onto the engine and onto the leaves and creates a bit of funkiness in the overall light.
The road was almost white, at least the rocks and ballast around. The paved part of teh road had been tracked up by the dirt from the rocky part which was also white. When I look at the photo, I see nearly what I saw when I was standing there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForce View Post
To answer the question, the photo BADLY needs contrast or something. Not quite sure what but the road is so blown out and the trees, omg the trees, they are a sickly color.
The trees throughout the area looked off. We had thought all of the rain was going to make the fall foliage really stand out and that may still happen. But I was reading on the City Data forums that people are actually saying that leaves are dropping off the trees now and turning brown. We already saw a bit of funky colors going on in the area.

Last edited by Joe the Photog; 09-04-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Joe the Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #27
troy12n
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
The trees throughout the area looked off. We had thought all of the rain was going to make the fall foliage really stand out and that may still happen. But I was reading on the City Data forums that people are actually saying that leaves are dropping off the trees now and turning brown. We already saw a bit of funky colors going on in the area.
I saw a surprising amount of leaf drop when I was in the area as well. There was a solid week or so of temps in the low 50's at night, maybe lower at some elevations, and that's pretty cool for mid-late August. There seem to be competing thoughts that it will either be a really good foliage year due to the rain, or an early unimpressive drop due to the early cooldown followed by a huge storm that came through on Saturday. I saw some trees turning which shocked me.

I am sure people like Loyd and Ron and others who live in the area can keep up in the loop.
troy12n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #28
bigbassloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy12n View Post
I am sure people like Loyd and Ron and others who live in the area can keep up in the loop.
If anyone is interested, I would be more than happy to report the conditions in my area.

Loyd L.

My personal photography site
bigbassloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #29
troy12n
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassloyd View Post
If anyone is interested, I would be more than happy to report the conditions in my area.
That would be great Loyd.
troy12n is offline   Reply With Quote