Old 09-30-2006, 02:13 PM   #1
dsktc

Default Photography and Security

From the Galveston (Texas) The Daily News:

"GALVESTON — Are law-enforcement officials who patrol refineries and ports going too far in the name of homeland security?

"Some photographers, who complain they’ve been harassed and had their equipment confiscated, say so. But law-enforcement officials say they’re only following federal guidelines in a post-9/11 world.

"The ever-widening debate about from where and at what photographers can aim their cameras illustrates a tug-of-war between constitutional rights and the protection of what officials say are potential terrorist targets."

http://news.galvestondailynews.com/s...c046b30742b38a

Dave
Old 09-30-2006, 06:37 PM   #2
SD70MACMAN
The man with the plan

Send a message via AIM to SD70MACMAN
Angry grrr

Quote:
They did not obtain a warrant, but confiscated the memory card from his digital camera, according to reports.
WHERE IS THE 4TH AMENEDMENT?!

But as usual, nodoby really knows whats going on. I've always wanted to know these federal guidelines, but I've never been able to find them and nobody knows them. Personally, my Constitutional rights make me feel a lot safer than anti-terrorism laws. The 1st, 4th, and 9th Amendments are great things.

HEHEHE, I wonder if this site has ever been looked at by the gov't.

UP's new slogan for Amtrak:
"We'll help you spread you wings and fly right into a siding!"

TRAINS TRAINS TRAINS!!! May the fun never end!
I'm a traitor! Im on JP.net! But all my plane shots involve trains!

BN FOREVER!
SD70MACMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 09:39 PM   #3
trainmonster

This s**t really gets me steamed... if some jackboot is gonna try to confiscate my stuff, they'd better be ready to shoot. Over my dead body.

1st thing is ask for a supervisor, next is a lawyer, then right to the newspapers.

Thanks to psychopath Bush & co., the Constitution is becoming a joke.

9/11 my a$$! That was an inside job.

Rich
Old 09-30-2006, 10:19 PM   #4
Studogg120

I cant go anywhere near the harbor with a camera without one or two security guards following me around.

It is a load of crap!!!
Studogg120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 10:48 PM   #5
M.L.Gabert

Cool

Don't feel bad guy's I live in BFE Idaho, and I'm constantly harrassed. I also have the "unproud" honor of being on UP's so called homeland security watch list. Yep, trackside terrorist they call me, what a JOKE! UP can KMA!!
M.L.Gabert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 04:25 PM   #6
Pat Lorenz

i dont see the big deal, the cops are here to protect, it should be a good thing that they for once care about what we are doing. After all it is a bit suspicious what we do. The more they wonder, the worse it gets. But if they ask and let us explain then they will see for themselves and gain knowlege as to what are hobby is.

I think there is a little bit of reason to get upset as to the manner they confinscate things but i wasnt there so i dont know what kind of attitude the guy was putting off toward the cops and of course the media is going to make him sound as innocent as possible.

Its just that we shouldnt get so pissed off about this. They are called police and security for a reason becuase they are paid to patrol and make sure there are no glitches. This protects the people, the employees and america.

So dont get you panties all in a ruffle.
Pat Lorenz is offline   Reply With Quote