Old 04-27-2005, 09:45 AM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: League City, Texas
Posts: 1
Default Trestle pic question for anyone!!!!!!

I would like to know what the inside rail on some railroad trestles is used for, and what it is called. I have attached an example pic of this phenomenon. I have always wanted to know. Can you help educate me? Thanks for your help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cp5605.jpg (22.7 KB, 212 views)
aab1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 12:47 PM   #2
Senior Member
oltmannd's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 361

They are guard rails to keep the train from hitting the bridge structure should it derail.
oltmannd is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.